– Seasoned serial entrepreneur with 20+ years of successful experience providing fiscal, strategic, and operations leadership in various challenging situations.
– During his career, he has raised capital, invested his own funds, and participated – as a buyer or a seller – in more than thirty private and public equity transactions.
– Managed up to 5000 employees with operating budgets over $ 750 million.
– Result-oriented and synergist leader with a strong record of performance in start-up, turnaround, and high paced organizations.
– Extensive track record steering a complex global business involved in acquisitions, development
– Founded and led
– Under his leadership,
- one of the leading Food Commodities companies in the USA, trading in grains, nuts, oils, meat
- the largest poultry exporting company in the USA, as well as the world largest exporter of chicken feet.
- one of the leading Food Technology companies, involved in innovative designing, building and equipping various meat and poultry processing facilities around the world including Best Food, UAE and Tazaj, KSA.
- one of the biggest restaurant design and equipment companies in the USA implementing projects globally.
SABiVentures was sold to a multi-billion global conglomerate.
SABiFunds I & II, which achieved IRRs of 22% & 26% respectively.
SABiFunds, he was CEO and/or Director in the following investments:
– White House / Black Market, Inc. (acquired by Chicos)
– Roadhouse Grill, Inc. (IPO 1996 NAS)
– New Global, LLC (shopping centers, sold 2002)
– National Retail Group, Inc. (consulting and management services)
healthcare needs within the MENA and GCC regions.
– Partnered up with Duke Medicine Global to exclusively build a premiere healthcare
consulting and advisory services company, manage branding and service offerings for a
Duke/Sabi MENA and GCC regional portfolio of medical wellness properties, and
– Venture Partner at Aisling Capital, an approximately USD 2 billion New
– Member of the Advisory Board of Summus Global Inc., a healthcare company in New
– Additional areas of expertise
– Served on the boards of a variety of companies, as well as civic and charitable organizations.
– Attended UCLA and earned his B.S. from North Carolina State University in 1985.